SHAKTI has carved out four coherent and reinforcing strategies to justify its Vision and Mission for the development of the State. In its strategic response, SHAKTI has also factored the multiple development challenges in the State in order to accelerate the pace of achieving Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in three different dimensions: economic, social and environmental in an integrated manner. SHAKTI’s strategic response encompasses strong community level development interventions; to complement the larger governance efforts through capacity building, research, collaborations, advocacy and aiding a vibrant civil society in the State. Information backed advocacy, disaster risk reduction and gender equality are three important cross-cutting themes across all strategic areas.
Strategic objectives of SHAKTI
a) Building Sustainable Livelihoods: SHAKTI’s livelihood strategy focuses on household food and nutrition security and expanding income generating opportunities for rural poor, more particularly tribals;
b)Fostering Inclusive Governance :SHAKTI strives to improve the governance system that truly represents the voice of the poor. The democratic bodies, service delivery institutions are transparent and accountable to their constituencies and at the same time contribute towards building strong access, entitlements and rights of the poor and marginalized communities including women.
c) Reducing disaster vulnerability and promoting community adaptation to climate change : SHAKTI further its role as strong regional player in disaster preparedness and enhance its effort towards innovating climate change adaptation practices and research.
The inherent values which shape up our organisation are:
- People centered.
- Transparent and Accountable.
- Innovative and demonstrating bold leadership.
- Effective and efficient.
- Mutual Respect
- Quality and Excellence
- Partnership and Collaboration
- Participatory Approach
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES:
- The guiding principles of the organisation is to help and harness the helpless (unfortunate & Hopeless), and to harmonize their lives through sustainable social and human development activity.
- Taking Sides unambiguously – working with marginalized groups who have the most denial of rights.
- Work will always be with participation of concerned communities, starting from identification of issues to evaluation of work.
- Respect for people’s knowledge systems and abilities.
- Ensuring community accountability and transparency.
- Belief that women should have more than an equal share/say.
- Strengthening democratic processes.
- Recognition that State has the primary responsibility for ensuring equity & justice to all.